This function is disabled!

============================================================

Monday, October 1, 2012

Tokyo Tokyo in Davao

There are lots of food chain on my wishlist to open in Davao city and among that list is Tokyo,Tokyo. When I was working in Manila, this is one of my favorite Japanese fast food chain. I fell in love with their Pork Tonkatsu and Red Iced Tea. Tokyo Tokyo gives the consumers quality foods in huge servings at a very affordable price. The last time I got to eat at Tokyo Tokyo was at MOA last 2009 so I was really thrilled to learn that they are  finally opening in Davao at SM Lanang Premier. I was even more thrilled to learn that their Davao branch is their first store expansion outside of Luzon! When I learned that they are inviting bloggers and media for their soft opening I didn't hesitated to sign up. So last September 27, one day before Tokyo Tokyo and SM Lanang Premier grand opening we were there and got the chance to talk with the staff and a sampling of their offerings. 










Their Marketing Manager, Joan Pamplona warmly welcomed us and stated that "As we officially open the doors of Tokyo Tokyo in the heart of Davao, we hope to open a whole new dining experience for all DavaoeƱos - one of quality, affordable and delicious Japanese cuisine. We're very happy to be opening not only the first branch to be built outside of Luzon, but also the beginning of our long-awaited expansion plans in the VisMin Region"










We were then treated to a Maki-making demo. I can briefly recall my maki disaster with Michael so I watched and learned from the expert.


They also give out raffle prizes to which we didn't win any, no luck again.
Finally we were treated to Tokyo Tokyo's most craved Sumo and Bento Meals.
We were also very very lucky to be treated to their Pearl Milk Tea after the sumptuous meal.  Aside from their Rice meals, they also served snack offerings such as Japanese burgers like Shogun and Shitake Mushroom best paired with Nori Wasabi French Fries and Pearl Milk Teas.


It was such a treat to be part of the opening of the country's #1 Japanese food chain and a perfect way to end the end the evening was of course a group shot...
 and my pose with a geisha ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...