This function is disabled!

============================================================

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Wedding Part 1

Every girl dreams of a perfect wedding. I used to dream of taking vows along the shores with the waves and the sunset as our backdrop. I would wear a simple white dress and everybody would be barefoot. It would be simple and casual but very intimate and meaningful affair with our family and close friends as our witness. I just tied the knot with Michael last July 8 and the wedding was far from my dream and far from being perfect. In fact it was full of bloopers and turned out to be the most stressful day of my life. I maybe exaggerating a bit but I think a lot of bloopers happened during our wedding. Here’s what I can remember:

One day before the wedding

The maid of honor and I got into a petty quarrel

The giveaways and AVP were not yet finished that I asked for help from my friends (Alfonso Ladies). We were able to finish it by 12 midnight.

The groom got drunk and went home late (2:00am) the night before the wedding because of his last-minute Stag party.

The bride (me) did not sleep at all.


The Wedding Day

The flowers for the entourage were sent to the reception and not at the hotel.
The flowers were already wilting and the florist was not able to follow the instructions regarding the arrangement and there were some missing flowers.

The bridal car’s decoration was awful that Mike’s brother had to find another florist to decorate it.

The Lechon was delivered to the church and not the reception.

The barong did not fit the bible bearer so he marched down the aisle wearing his undershirt.

The Coin bearer and Ring bearer had tantrums and didn’t march at all.
  
The veil was too long …I had difficulty walking with it dragging behind my back.

We left some things at the hotel that after the church we went back for it instead of having our photo-session.

The party poppers/ confetti didn’t pop during our supposedly grand entrance at the reception.
  
The playing of the AVP encountered some technical difficulties.

The guest book and souveigners went missing during the reception but it miraculously turned up just before the wedding ended.

to be continued.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...