This function is disabled!

============================================================

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Liwanag's First Birthday: A Shabby Chic Sunshine Party

We celebrated Liwanag's Birthday at the same day as her Baptism last March 8, 2015.  This is an advance celebration as her birthday is on March 11. I decided to have a Sunshine theme inspired by her name which means "light". I also wanted to have a non-pink color scheme since this seems as a default color for girls. Don't get me wrong, I love pink! In fact it is my favorite color and I actually hate yellow because I think it is a loud color. 

When I was searching for party inspirations, i stumbled upon the theme Shabby Chic so I adapted a few concept from that theme thus the "Shabby Chic Sunshine" theme.

We had her baptism at St.Joseph the Worker Parish and had the reception at Pippin's Restaurant. Both places are very near our residence.

Our decoration for the venue are all DIY which my husband and I both made with love. I made the pinwheels and cloud pom poms while my husband made the 3 ft letter standee and the sunshine Pinata.
For the table centerpieces, I recycled mayo jars and adorned it with doily and ribbon and placed baby's breath flowers. I attached a balloon per vase. I wanted to add framed photos but we forgot to print the photos, so there.


I ordered the 6 inches icing sunshine cake (P700) and sunflower cupcakes (P29) from Sweet Aroma who did a great job in copying the design I gave them. I chose them specifically because their cakes are really yummy and I don't want a fondant cake because I don't like the taste much.


The loot bags are bought from stores and I just added the doily and ribbon.

 For giveaways to god parents I had sugar cookies made by Jan Alalong.
 So here we are, the yellow team
 
and here is the birthday girl, our little miss Liwanag. She has truly brought happiness and light to our lives. God bless you always baby! Mama, Papa and Kuya loves you very much!



6 comments:

  1. I love her name and her birthday's theme,,,lightens everyone's day

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute! I love the whole chic theme....you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her name! What a ray of sunshine she is, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday pretty girl. Liwanag is such a very unique name Sis. I love her birthday theme. It is sweet like her. I would love to have that sunshine over here in NY. It is spring yet it feels winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your sunshine! Her sunshine-themed party is truly a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a coincidence. We share same birthday date and I am also going to throw my birthday party at best party halls in Boston MA. I am so excited and hoping to have lots of fun on that day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...