This function is disabled!

============================================================

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kulay's Baptism

Our son Kulay’s Baptism was postponed a few times until we arrived at the perfect date. We planned to have Kulay baptized after his 1st month on the feast of Sto. Nino (Jan.16) but due to some budget constraints we had it moved to May. May 8 was the original choice but again due to Pacquiao-Mosley fight (which gave me another reason to hate Pacman) we moved it to May 1. May 1 is the feast of St. Joseph the parish worker, coincidentally the church that we chose since it’s nearest to us. May 1 is also the beatification of Pope John Paul II. Thus for us it was the perfect date to have Kulay baptized.  


We arrived around 9am at St. Joseph so we could join the mass. The  baptism ceremony started 10:00am and in less than an hour, together with our family and godparents,  Kulay was welcomed to the Christian World. The ceremony was officiated by Fr. ----. Kulay was such a good boy all throughout the ceremony, he didn’t gave a fuss even when the priest poured water on his head that the priest said “kabuotan na bata”, Mike and I felt so proud.
After the ceremony we had our reception at the Taste of Malaysia located at Jetti Bloomfields Lanang or in front of the ongoing construction for SM North. We chose the place because again it is near and they offered a very reasonable package(P99 buffet with Iced Tea). The lunch ended at around 2pm and when we got home I got busy opening gifts…the part  which I love the most :D

Here are more details on kulay’s baptism.
The Invitation
I only made a soft copy and sent it thru email and posted on FB :)
Tarp



It seems to be a requirement now for every party to have a Tarpaulin so we made one. We had a photoshoot of Kulay wearing only a bowtie which I think looks very cute and had it printed.


Outfit
I’ve decided a long time before that we wouldn’t wear the usual white outfit. I wanted kulay to wear a vest and bowtie thus I had it tailor made. Bowtie again.. I had this fixation on bowties at this point in my life :)


Giveaways
I decided on something personalized so we have personalized keychain for each godparents.

Cake

 It took a long time for me to decide whether to have a cake or not and I decided to have one on the last minute which stressed the maker but the cake turned out exactly as I want it.

All in all Kulay’s baptism was a success and most important he is now a Christian at 4 months and 28 days(He's turning 5 months on May 3).

2 comments:

  1. wow ganahan ko ani.. murag lami ang cake!

    about sa template, gi-edit lang nako tanan sa Template Designer.. kulang na lang diri header image :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Julienne: lagi magbuhat ko banner ...ako pa gina explore.pero ok nako ani karon...minimalist man kuno ko hehehe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...