This function is disabled!

============================================================

Thursday, August 18, 2011

I did IT!

I did it on the bed, on the sofa, in the kitchen, in the living room but never in public places except a few times in the hospital. I did it standing, lying and sitting down. I did IT! It being breastfeeding. I've learned from Lany's post that August is breast feeding month and I am 100% in favor of breastfeeding. It was one of the things i looked forward to in becoming a mother. I am a bit frustrated though with my breastfeeding performance. I was only able to breast feed my son exclusively for three days since his birth. On the fourth day dawn, Mike hurriedly bought formula milk at the nearest drugstore because Kulay was incessantly crying.It seems that my milk supply was not enough for his needs. My supply was lacking because of my Thyroid problem. Eventhough we introduced him to formula, I still continued breastfeeding him and thankfully he still craves for my milk. I continued mixed feeding him until he's 4 months old. One day he just stopped and won't feed from me anymore....maybe he decided that he had enough? :)
Breastfeeding is one of the highlights of motherhood. It is a God given means to ensure that our younglings will survive and have the proper nutrients they need. It is what the breasts or mammary glands are for. 
Some benefits of breastfeeding are:
1. Readily available. No need to prepare.
2. FREE! One big can of milk cost P1,400 and would last for only two weeks...do the math so you'll see how much you can save.
3.Breastmilk contains optimal mix of nutrients & antibodies.
4. Develops strong bond between the mother and the child.
5. Helps the mother's body return to its pre-pregnancy state faster
6. Natural form of family planning because it delays fertility, so a breastfeeding mom will not easily get pregnant.
7.Environmental friendly because you won't have to dispose of milk cans and packagings.

And the list goes on and on. So I highly encourage every mothers and mothers to be to choose breastfeeding. Let's do IT! :D 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Raine... kahit papanu nakapa breastfeed jud ka...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention Raine, I salute you for giving Kulay one of the best gifts he can ever receive from his mommy. Happy Kadayawan fellow mommy blogger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rovie and Lany:Thanks...sayang kay short period lang. Hope you both had a great kadayawan weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...