This function is disabled!

============================================================

Friday, October 28, 2011

Breakfast Special

I am a breakfast person. My mom instilled in me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and she would not allow me to leave the house without eating a hearty breakfast. Now that I have my own family, I am trying to establish the importance of breakfast in our home. Mike usually prepares breakfast during the weekday while I do my damnedest to cook something edible during the weekend. This morning I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to make breakfast. I was planning to cook bulad (dried fish) and eggs. My cooking ability is limited to frying, cooking rice and boiling water. When I opened our refrigerator I saw the pancake mix...so voila! I made pancakes! 
It was so easy to prepare...Thank God for instant mixes!
I tried to design the pancake with a smiley face using chocolate syrup but the syrup ran down to the mouth that Mike did not recognized my masterpiece and though he didn't jump up and down or say any words of gratitude  I knew he appreciated my effort :)

2 comments:

  1. i love pancakes and breakfasts as well, that my blog has been named after that meal of the day. funny thing is, i haven't even posted any breakfast recipe. back to pancakes, when it comes to pre-made mixes, i usually prefer magnolia. just add egg and you're good to go. i do have a pancake recipe from scratch, will let you know once i have time to post one. :) (http://i-kendi.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kendi: Hello kends! Cge will check out the Magnolia Mix but one of these days would also love to try making pancakes from scratch :) thanks for dropping by

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...