This function is disabled!

============================================================

Monday, February 11, 2019

Passion

I suddenly felt the need to write. Right at this very instant.I felt this need to have a conversation with myself or just think out loud.I think what triggered it was the search for my passion. 
Let me take a step back and evaluate my life at the moment.
I am 39 years old, married to my favorite person to annoy and have two lovely kids whom I also love to annoy. We are in a country which has become our second home and has given us lots of opportunities.I have a work which I can't say I love but is bearable and has given me flexibility to have the life work balance that I wanted. My boss asked me last week about my career plans. I honestly don't have one, i just want to have a job and earn money to support my family and pay the bills. I told him I just wanted to be where I am and learn more. So he asked if I'm interested to take some courses.I told him I'll think about it. So maybe this got me thinking about where I am in my life and what else do I want to do or achieve. Career wise, nope I don't have any more ambition to climb up the corporate ladder, I don't like the responsibility or the pressure. Should I push myself more? Nope, I've always lived by the anecdote of the Happiest Man in the world, the fisherman story. But maybe there's room to pursue my other passion outside of work? The first thing that really comes to mind is writing. I love writing. Not write to become famous or write an award winning book. Just write, dissect my thoughts, emotions and put it into something tangible.So now while writing this , I've come to the resolution that I should write more until I figure out what my other passions are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...