This function is disabled!

============================================================

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Losing

 This weekend was a revelation of how me and my son deal with losing. We talked him into joining his first Judo tournament and seeing he was the only white belt amongst the orange and greens his chances were slim. He tried his best. He had fun. He didnt feel bad about losing. He didnt get hurt and that was the foremost thing in my mind that he wouldn't break any bone in his body.He said he will compete again. 

He also ran for student leader. I encouraged him before but he submitted his candidacy without much prodding from me. We made campaign posters and made a speech. The result came today and only 8 were chosen out of 20+ candidates and he wasn't one of them. He said he felt disappointed but he is okay and happy one of his mates got in. I felt very disappointed for him( not and never with him). I really wanted him to have the best experience during this formative years of his primary education. I wanted him to excel, push himself to be the version he can be...I think i wanted him to be more like me....on the honor roll...a teachers pet. Because i turned out okay didn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...